Delta Goodrem holds back tears discussing Olivia Newton-John on TV

ATO
자유게시판

Delta Goodrem holds back tears discussing Olivia Newton-John on TV

Raphael 0 1388 0
Delta Goodrem fought back tears as she spoke about the death of her 'kindred spirit' during an interview with Sunrise on Wednesday. 
The iconic Grease star  at her home in southern  on Monday, surrounded by her family and friends.  
Delta, 37, was visibly emotional as she shared little-known details of their relationship, including the story of how Olivia encouraged her to star in the 2018 TV series based on her life. 
The series, titled Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted to You, saw Delta portray the real-life tale of a young Olivia reluctantly blossoming into a global superstar.
RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

'[When I got the role], the first person I called was Olivia.

I said, What would Olivia do?'' Delta told Sunrise co-hosts David Koch and Natalie Barr. 
'I called her straight away and said this has been a conversation and I was saying 'I would want it to be so wonderful. I just love you so much that I would want it to be [perfect]'', the Lost Without You songstress said. 
Delta Goodrem, 37, (pictured) fought back tears as she spoke about the death of her 'kindred spirit' Olivia Newton John during an interview with Sunrise on Wednesday
The iconic Grease star died peacefully at the age of 73 at her home in southern California on Monday, surrounded by her family and просмотры в инстаграм friends.

Olivia and Delta are pictured together in Hollywood in 2019
Delta said that Olivia immediately encouraged her to take the gig, telling her: 'Well, of course you're doing it. You're doing it!' 
Elsewhere in her interview Delta revealed she was just seven years old when she first met Olivia. 
Delta said she was sitting in a New York café with her mother while on holidays, when her idol Olivia suddenly walked in. 
Delta was visibly emotional as she shared little-known details of their relationship, including the story of how Olivia encouraged her to star in the 2018 TV series based on her life
'[When I got the role], the first person I called was Olivia.

I said, What would Olivia do?'' Delta told Sunrise co-hosts David Koch and Natalie Barr. Pictured: Delta Goodrem in the role of Olivia
Delta said that Olivia immediately encouraged her to take the gig, telling her: 'Well, of course you're doing it.

You're doing it!' The pair are pictured in 2017
Overhearing their Australian accents, Olivia approached Delta and her mother's table to say hello.
'She talked to my mum and said 'I hope I see you around tomorrow' and the next day I walked around the entire New York looking for Olivia Newton-John,' Delta mused.  
'Little did I know we would find each other and we would be kindred spirits.' 
The pair bonded after their respective battles with cancer - Delta was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma at the age of 18 and Olivia had been battling stage-four metastatic breast cancer for years
  Delta and Olivia were close and recorded several songs together
Delta and Olivia were close and recorded several songs together.
The pair bonded after their respective battles with cancer - Delta was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma at the age of 18 and Olivia had been battling stage-four metastatic breast cancer for years. 
On Tuesday, Delta shared a heartfelt Instagram tribute to her beloved 'mentor and friend' Olivia, sharing pictures of herself hugging the late singer and said she was 'like family' to her. 
Olivia's death was announced by her husband John Easterling (left) on Monday on her social media pages 
'I love you forever,' Delta wrote in her moving post.

'The whole world will feel this heartbreak today because the entire world felt Olivia's unmatched light. A force for good. A force of nature. Strong and kind.' 
'My mentor, просмотры в инстаграм my friend, my inspiration, someone who always guided me… she was always there for me.
Family to me.' 
She added: 'I don't have all the words I would like to say today but I hope everyone will join in celebrating our beloved Olivia, her heart, soul, talent, courage, grace… I love you forever ❤️.'
'Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends,' he wrote 
Olivia's death was announced by her husband John Easterling on Monday on her social media pages. 
Easterling said his wife died at her Southern California home surrounded by family and friends. 
'Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends,' he wrote.
Olivia had been battling stage-four metastatic breast cancer for years
'We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time.
'Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer.
'Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer,' he added.
Olivia is survived by her 36-year-old daughter, Chloe Lattanzi, 36
The family asked for donations to be made to her cancer organization, the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, instead of flowers.
She is survived by her 36-year-old daughter, просмотры в инстаграм Chloe Lattanzi, 36.
The actress famously beat breast cancer twice but was diagnosed again in 2017.
She spent the last few years at home, campaigning for animals' rights and raising money for her charity online.
Olivia is most known for her famous role as Sandy in the 1978 movie Grease (pictured, Newton-John with Grease co-star John Travolta)
She also was a strong campaigner for the use of medical cannabis for treatment in Australia. 
In a haunting interview with The Guardian in 2020, she said of the disease: 'It's been a part of my life for so long.
'I felt something was wrong.

It's concerning when it comes back, but I thought 'I'll get through it again''.
Olivia's iconic sweet-to-sexy transformation was recreated for years to come in costumes and tributes  
In other interviews, when asked how she battled the disease so bravely, she said: 'I've had and am having an amazing life so I have no complaints.
'I really don't.

Everyone goes through something. We all have something we need to go through in life. This has been my challenge.' 
Earlier this year, Olivia said how she tries to keep positive amid her battle, telling Who magazine: 'I focus on the positive side of things, no matter what the challenge.'
In light of her diagnosis, Olivia said at the time that she doesn't focus on statistics or просмотры в инстаграм time limits.
'Positive thinking is so important to living a healthy and happy life,' she said.
Earlier this year, Olivia said how she tries to keep positive amid her battle, telling Who magazine: 'I focus on the positive side of things, no matter what the challenge'

0 Comments
포토 제목